College of Nursing
Baby Memorial College of Nursing, commenced in the year 2002. The College is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur and is recognised by Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. The College has its own dedicated seven storied building with adequate infrastructural facilities for academic as well as residential purpose. College has fully equipped laboratories and library with adequate books and internet facility. The location and environment has been carefully chosen to provide students with the best ambience to pursue their studies.
1. B.Sc. Nursing.
Duration: 4 Years Total Seats: 60 Download Application FormDownload Prospectus
Eligibility for admission: Candidates for admission to the course of Bachelor of Science in Nursing shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary Course/Pre-Degree Course or any other course with 10+2 years recognised as equivalent by the University of Calicut with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optionals with minimum 45% aggregate marks. Selection is made on the basis of merit and as per regulations prescribed by Government/University. Both Government Quota and Management Quota selection is based on merit.
1. Government Quota - Allotment and admission for Government seats are managed by Lal Bahadur Shastri Centre for Science & Technology (LBS) for details visit www.lbscentre.org.
2. Management Quota - Admission managed by college based on merit list prepared by college.
3. NRI seats - Seats reserved for candidates sponsored by NRI's
2. M.Sc. Nursing.
Duration: 2 Years Total Seats: 20 Download Application FormDownload Prospectus
1. Medical Surgical Nursing
2. Paediatric Nursing
3. Psychiatric Nursing
4. Community Health Nursing
Eligibility for admission: Successful completion of 4 year B.Sc. Nursing course/Regular Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree conducted by University of Calicut or any other recognized University. One year experience/internship after B.Sc. Nursing Degree and registration with Nursing Council or One year experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing. Registration in Kerala Nurses & Midwives Council at the time of application is mandatory.
Selection of the candidates:
1. Government Quota- based on the rank list prepared through examination conducted by Commissioner of entrance Govt. of Kerala.
2. Management Quota - based on the merit list prepared by the college on the basis of marks obtained in B.Sc. Nursing (Aggregate)
3. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Duration: 2 Years Total Seats: 30 Download Application FormDownload Prospectus
Eligibility for admission: Successful completion of General Nursing & Midwifery course (GNM) of 3 years/3 ½ years duration recognised by the Indian Nursing Council. One Year clinical experience (after registration as nurse) as Staff nurse in a hospital with not less than 100 beds. Shall be registered in Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council at the time of admission.
Selection of the candidates:
1. Government Quota: Through merit list prepared by Govt. /LBS on the basis of marks obtained in GNM
2. Management Quota: Admission managed by Colleges based on merit list prepared by the College.
*Lal BahadurShastri Centre (LBS) for science and technology is the Govt. agency which manages admission process to Govt. Quota seats. (www.lbscentre.org).
4. Post Basic Diploma in Critical Care.
Duration: 1 Year Total Seats: 15 Download Application FormDownload Prospectus
Eligibility for admission: Pass in General Nursing & Midwifery/B.Sc. Nursing course with registration as nurse shall have minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse.
*Nurses from other countries must obtain an equivalence certificate from INC before admission.
Selection of the candidates: Based on merit list prepared on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Library: The Library of College of Nursing is fully equipped and spacious with an excellent collection of authentic reference books (5000+) and large number of national and international journals. Spacious reading hall with plenty of broadband connections for internet use make the library the heart of this academic campus. Periodically new books are added to the library to update the knowledge resource. Library is open from 08:00 a.m. - 08:00 p.m. every day to enable students and faculty to utilize the facilities to the maximum.
1. Preclinical Lab:- The college boasts of a well equipped preclinical lab with various equipment and manikins for familiarization with nursing skills before the actual clinical practice in hospital.
2. Computer Lab:- A well equipped computer lab intended to impart all the essential computer skill training, caters to the requirement of students.
3. Laboratories in Maternity Nursing, Paediatric Nursing and Community Health Nursing:- These laboratories are fully equipped for practical skill training in the above three specialties. Various types of equipment and manikins are available for hands on training of students in each of these specialties.
4. Basic Science(s) Lab:- Basic science facilities in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology etc are available in Allied Medical Sciences Laboratories and students are exposed to all the necessary equipment and experiments.
Student’s Hostel: BMCON is attached with 500+ capacity ladies hostel with all the necessary facilities for comfortable accommodation of students. The hostel is situated in the same academic campus and is equipped with facilities for divisional activities.
Co-curricular Activities: The College of Nursing promotes co-curricular activities to ensure all round development of every student. Monthly cultural/entertainment programmes are organized in the campus. Leadership training programmes are held frequently. Student Nurses Association provides plenty of opportunities for developing organizational and leadership skills in students. Various cultural and health related events and /or days are celebrated in the campus.
Arts Festival: Annual Arts Festival is held every year in a grand way to promote and appreciate literacy and artistic talent in students. All the students participate in these programmes with great enthusiasm and joy.
Sports Day: Annual Sports Day is held every year to nurture sporting activities among students.
Intercollegiate Competitions: College provides opportunities for talented students to participate in various intercollegiate competitions at regional, state and national level.