Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, a division of Anaesthesia Department of this hospital has been providing care for children and adults with various forms of congenital and acquired heart diseases as well as those with thoracic (lung and mediastinum) and vascular surgeries (major blood vessel diseases).
The division provide a uniform dedicated team based care. The team care for patients in the operating room, Cardio Thoracic Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, as well as patients of other invasive and noninvasive diagnostics and therapeutic procedures.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Pramod is a Consultant Anesthesiologist with focus on cardiac anesthesia and postoperative care.
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Calicut
- DA from Government Medical College, Calicut
Dr. Sarath is a Consultant Anesthesiologist with special training in cardiac anesthesia and postoperative care.
- MBBS from Medical College, Pariyaram.
- MD from NHLMC, Ahmedabad (Gujarat University).
- PDCC from Medical College, Calicut
- Worked in Anaesthesia Department at Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS) from 2011 to 2013.
- Worked as Consultant in Cardiac Anaesthesia Department at Koyili Hospital, Kannur from 2014 to Feb, 2016.
- Joined Baby Memorial Hospital as Consultant in Cardiac Anaesthesia Department from February 2016.
Services & Facilities
- 4D TEE Realtime
- Advanced ventilation
- Patient Control Analgesia.