ENT department at BMH offers comprehensive care for all disorders related to the ear, nose, throat, head and neck region, in patients of all ages. The department is run by professional team of doctors, nurses and para-medics dedicated towards offering the latest treatment options to patients. Advanced procedures in ENT such as Cochlear Implantation, various kinds of Endoscopic Surgeries are conducted at BMH on a regular basis. Multi-disciplinary in approach, it works closely with other departments like Audiology & Speech Therapy, Neurosurgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Oncology, Pulmonology, Paediatrics and Neonatology for management of ear, nose and neck disorders in adults, children and neonates. We also have an expert Endoscopic team that performs highly complex Transnasal Trans Sphenoid Surgery for various Skullbase Tumors/ CSF Rhinorrhoea.
Panel of Doctors
Prof. Kurian is a Senior Consultant and HOD in the ENT department and has had a myriad of achievements spread over 44+ years of experience, including a four-year stint in Indian Army Medical Corps.
Graduation from Trivandrum Medical College in 1964. Post Graduation MS (ENT) from Amritsar Medical College -1972.
Served as Captain in Indian Army Medical Corps for 4 years. Worked in Kerala Medical Education dept. in various teaching capacities for 30 years and retired as Prof & HOD of ENT, Calicut Medical College in 1995. Was PG examiner for various South Indian Universities. Joined BMH in 1995 and continuing as HOD of ENT.
Published articles in National journal of Otolaryngology.
|Wed||11:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Fri||11:00 am - 01:00 pm|
Dr. Mary Abraham is a senior consultant ENT surgeon with extensive experience over a span of more than 20 years.
- Worked in MOSC Medical College from 1993 to 2001.
- Is working as Senior Consultant at BMH (since 2002).
Elongated Styloid Process–Earlier Syndrome – in International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery.
|Tue||10:00 am -1:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am -1:00 pm|
Dr. Manoj is a senior consultant in Department of ENT with over 20 years of experience in various hospitals in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. His areas of special interest are middle and inner ear surgeries, surgeries of the skull base, endoscopic anterior skull base surgeries, phono surgeries, complex malignant and benign head and neck surgeries.
- MBBS from TDMC, Alappuzha
- MS at TN Medical College & Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- Senior Consultant at BMH since 2013
- Consultant at Santhi Hospital, Omassery
- HOD, Department of ENT and Head Neck Surgery in MIOT Hospital, Chennai
- Consultant at Sankers Hospital, Kollam
- Senior Registrar at Sethi AJB Municipal ENT Hospital, Fort Mumbai and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
|Mon||09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Tue||09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Wed||09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Thu||09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Fri||09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Sat||09:00 am - 05:00 pm|
With more than 30 years of experience behind her, Dr. Jayasree is a skilled ENT consultant. She was academically brilliant as well, as evidenced by the awards and medals she has received.
MBBS, DLO, DNB (ENT)
Worked in various hospitals of Kerala Health Services for 30 years and retired as Senior Consultant. Now working as Senior Consultant at BMH.
- Kerala University 1st Rank for BSc in the year 1978
- Gold Medal for best outgoing student in SSLC from St Aloysious GHS.
- Gold Medal for best outgoing P.G. from Calicut Medical College
- Best paper awards in 3 AOI Malabar Chapter Annual Conferences.
|Mon||09:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Tue||09:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Wed||09:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Thu||09:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Fri||09:00 am – 4:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- Otology, Neuro Otology & Skull base surgeries
- CSOM Surgeries, Ossiculoplasties, cavity obliterations
- Endolymphatic sac surgeries
- Labyrinthectomy and trans labyrinthine approaches
- Facial nerve surgeries including decompression and grafting
- Temporal Bone resections
- Rhinology & Endoscopy Surgeries
- Anterior Skull base approach
- CSF leak repair – endoscopic / osteo plastic front al sinus approach
- All Microlaryngeal with Thyroplasties, injection laryngoplasties.
- Head Neck surgery & Oncosurgery
- Surgeries for benign disease, thyroid/Salivary glands
- Surgery for Laryngotracheal Stenosis
- Laryngresection Anastomosis
- Resection with immediate reconstruction in head & neck oncology
- Partial Laryngectomy
- Post Laryngectomy
- Rehabilitation Speech surgeries
- Audiology Speech Language Pathology
- Audiometer, BSERA, ASSR, Tympantometry, OAE
- VEMP – for diagnosis of Vestibular disease
- Voice – lab (VAGHMI)
- KUHAS approved BASLP course 20 seats
- Auditory Processing disorders
- Post Laryngectomy voice training clinic
- Tinnitus Rehabilitation Clinic
- Post Cleft Rehabilitation under SMILE Train Programme