Dr. K. A. Salam built up the Department of Neurology at Baby Memorial Hospital from the beginning, which has now grown and earned a reputation as a premier Neurosciences Center in Malabar. BMH was one of the first institution in Kerala to start and popularize thrombolytic therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke, under Dr. Salam’s leadership. In 1999, he was selected by the Indian Academy of Neurology for a Certificate Course of 10 weeks at National Hospital, Queen Square, London. A well known sports person during his younger years, he is still an active tennis player and strongly believes in prescribing exercise as a Therapeutic measure in Neurological disorders.
- Post Graduate degree in Neurology (DM) in the year 1983 from Government Stanley Medical College, Madras.
- Lecturer in Neurology at Medical College, Calicut from 1983.
- Consultant in Neurology at Baby Memorial Hospital Calicut from 1987.
- Chief Resident in Neurology at Salmania Medical Centre, Bahrain from 1993 to 1995
- Observer in various institutions like Royal Victoria Infirmary at Newcastle upon Tyne and Albert Einstein College of Medical at New York.
- Principal Investigator for various International Clinical Trials in Stroke and Dementia research.
He has around 30 papers and presentations in National and International Journals and meetings.
- Recipient of Dr Eapen Samuel Memorial Award for the best research paper in 201011, instituted by the IMA Academy of Medical Specialties.
- Received the Best Doctor Award in 2014 by IMA Kozhikode.
|Mon||12:30 pm - 07:00 pm|
|Tue||12:30 pm - 07:00 pm|
|Wed||12:30 pm - 07:00 pm|
|Thu||12:30 pm - 07:00 pm|
|Fri||12:30 pm - 07:00 pm|