Prof. Sahasranam, presently holds the position of Medical Director at BMH. He is also a Senior Consultant Cardiologist with more than 30 years of clinical experience. He has published over 40 academic papers in National and International Journals and takes part actively in Continuing Medical Education programs. He holds additional charge of the BMH academy as its Director.
- MBBS from Calicut Medical College,
- MD (General Medicine) from Calicut Medical College,
- DM (Cardiology) from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh in 1981.
- Awarded the FACC fellowship by the American College of Cardiology in October 2015.
- Awarded the FCSI fellowship by the Cardiological Society of India in December 2016.
- Epidemic of Chickenpox at the Industrial Colony at Mavoor : Aysha Guharaj, Sahasranam K.V, J.of Comm.Dis. 6, 236 239, 1974
- Lupus Glomerulonephritis : Thomas Mathew. M, Sahasranam K.V, Leena Devi. K.R, Ker.Med. J 16: 203 208 : 1976
- Peritoneal Dialysis in Life threatening Hyperkalemia Two case reports, Thomas Mathew. M, Sahasranam.K.V, & Warrier CBC. Ker. Med. J., 16 : 155 160, 1976
- Fisher Syndrome : Rajasekharan Nair. K, Santhakumar. K.P, Sahasranam K.V, Rajan.N.P, Ker. Med.J. 18 : 92 95, 1976
- Hereditary Spherocytosis : A family study . Gopinath A, Sahasranam K.V, Nair K.V and Mathew Philip, Ker,Med.J.17, 245248,1977.
- Peritoneal Dialysis in Acute Renal Failure, Thesis submitted to the University of Calicut for the M.D. Course in General Medicine Sahasranam. K. V, 1978
- Multiple Sclerosis in Malabar. Rajasekharan Nair K, Sahasranam K.V, J.of Asso.Physicians of India. 26: 899, 1978
- Pulmonary hypertension in congenital heart diseases with left to right shunt. Sahasranam K.V, Khattri H N, Bidwai P.S, Indian J. Paed. 49; 365 374, 1981
- Management of congestive Cardiac Failure. Khattri H.N, Sahasranam. K.V, Drugs Bulletin Vol IV No. 4 pp 41 55, 1981
- Cardiac Autonomic functions in leprosy : Sahasranam. K.V, Anand I. S. Kumar. B, Kaur. S, & Wahi. P.L. Ind. J. of Med. Res. 75: 332 336, 1982
- Pulmonary Venous Wedge Angiography in Congenital Heart disease (Abs 65) Bidwal. P.S, Khattri. H.M, Sahasranam K.V, & Wahi P.L., Ind. Heart J. 34: 289, 1982
- Clinical, Echocardiographic and haemodynamic profile or Tricuspid Stenosis (Abs 102) Khattri. H.N, Kumar. R.S. Raman. K, Sahasranam K.V, Sapru. R.S & Bidwal P.S. Indian Heart J. 34 : 297, 1982
- Torsade de pointes. Aboobacker. A, Sahasranam K. V, Abdul Kader. S, Manjooran. R. J, Georg Joseph, Ker.Med. J. 24 : 109 110,1983
- Septal and Posterior Left ventricular wall motion and left ventricular function in Juvenile mitral stenosis Echocardiographic study. Sahasranam K.V, Nambiar.C.A, Sugathan. K, Velayudhan. C.C, Ravindran. K.N (abs) Indian Heart J. 35 ; 268, 1983
- Echocardiographic evaluation of Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. Nambiar C.A, Sahasranam. K.V, (Abc) Indian Heart J. 35 : 285, 1983
- Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome : Ranjit. M.S, Sahasranam K.V, Feroze, Ravindran. K, Ker.Med. J. 25 : 126 130, 1984
- Rehabilitation after acute myocardial infarction Sahasranam. K.V, Ker. Med. J. 25 : 241 244, 1984
- Mild Hypertension should we treat it ? Sahasranam K.V, Ker. Med. J. 24:126 130, 1984
- Coronary Artery Spasm : Sahasranam. K.V, Ker.Med.J. 26 : 56 60, 1985 (May)
- Buccal administration of Nifedipine in severe hypertension : Sahasranam K. V., Ravindran. K.N , Ker. Med. J 28 1619: 1987 (Jan)
- Septal and posterior left ventricular wall motion and left ventricular function in patients with Juvenile mitral stenosis An echocardiographic study : Sahasranam K.V, Ashokan Nambiar. C, Sugathan. K, Ravindran. K.N, Indian J. Chest D. S. All Sciences
- Syphilis and the cardiovascular system . Sahasranam. K.V : In continuing Medical Education Series 2, Indian Association of Dermatology & Venereology Kerala. Pp 97 104 :1987
- Sublingual captopril in severe hypertension. Sahasranam. K. V, Ravindran. K.N, JAPI 36, 643644, 1988 (Nov)
- Newer Cardiac drugs An Appraisal. Sahasranam. K.V: In “Souvenir of the IX South Zone conference of Anaesthesiologists Trivandrum 8,9 April 1989
- Rehabilitation after Acute Myocardial infarction. Sahasranam. K.V, Proceedings of the CME Programme in Cardiology. Dept of Cardiology, Medical College, Kottayam, Feb 25,26 1989
- Atrial flutter in infancy . Ranjit. M, Rajagopalan. K.C, Sahasranam. K.V, Ind. J.Paediatrics 56 No 4 535 539 : 1989 (JulAug)
- Complete heart block after topical timolol Chandra Prakash, Chacko Alexander, Hussain. P, Padmaja Krishnan, Venugopal. N.S, Sahasranam K.V (JAPI) 39: 600601 : 1990 (August)
- Management of Cardiac arrhythmias with special references to adult myocardial infarction. Sahasranam K.V; Proceedings of continuing medical education. Dept. Cardiology, MCH, Kottayam , Feb 1990.
- Infective endocarditis changing trends Sahasranam K.V, Proceedings of the Cardiological Society of India; XXI Science Annual Conference, Trivandrum 25.11.1990
- Early onset dress... Syndrome. A study of 15 cases : Sahasranam K.V, Dressler’s Ind.J.Chest. Dis. All. Sci. Vol.32 Nos. PP 158 56 (1990)
- Mitral valve prolapse syndrome and associated thoracic skeletal abnormalities. U.Kishore Kumar, K.V. Sahasranam. JAPI . Vol 39: 536539 (July 1991)
- Cardiac Problems in Diabetic Cardiology. K.V. Sahasranam (Review) BMH Med.J. 2014;1(2)2226
- Guidelines in the treatment of High Blood Cholesterol. K.V.Sahasranam, BMH Med. J.2014 : 1(3) 3739
- Cardio Renal Syndrome. K.V. Sahasranam. BMH Med.J. 2014 : 1(4) 72 76.
|Mon||09:30 am - :05:30 pm|
|Tue||09:30 am - :05:30 pm|
|Wed||09:30 am - :05:30 pm|
|Thu||09:30 am - :05:30 pm|
|Fri||09:30 am - :05:30 pm|
|Sat||09:30 am - :05:30 pm|