Complex pregnancies requiring specialized care due to maternal or foetal reasons may necessitate expertise that is beyond the scope of ordinary hospitals. At our foetal medicine unit, both the mother and the foetus get specialized care where high-risk pregnancies are converted into normal pregnancies. There are a variety of complex maternal foetal conditions that can be avoided through proper care, diagnosis and treatment. Our well-trained competent team of professionals can co-ordinate pregnancy-related issues with all expertise put together, providing total and absolute care, which helps bring down the complications while delivering babies. The department for Foetal Medicine takes care of a large number of invasive procedures with incredible success rate and that includes complex therapeutic procedures as well.
Commonly seen complications such as multiple pregnancy, foetal growth restriction, non-immune hydrops, red cell and platelet allo-immunisation, foetal physiology are handled professionally at the centre. We use the latest in prenatal technology which helps us in providing the best treatment in the field of medicine.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Sreekala is in a delicate profession, Foetal Medicine and she plays an important role in assessing the health of foetus, while in the mother’s womb.
- Basic Obstetric sonography, Targeted sonography and prenatal diagnosis at CIMAR, a FOGSI recognized centre for USG training
Worked as Consultant, Foetal Medicine in the department of Maternal Foetal Medicine at CIMAR, Edappal for 3 years.
Gold Medallist (University Level) in both DGO and MS (OBG) examinations.
|Mon||9:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|Tue||9:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|Wed||9:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|Thu||9:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|Fri||9:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|Sat||9:30 am - 3:30 pm|
Services & Facilities
- Routine Antenatal Scanning
- 1st Trimester Dating Scan
- 11-13 weeks NT Scan (for Down Syndrome risk assessment)
- 20-22 weeks anomaly scan – TIFFA (Targeted Imaging for Foetal Anomalies)
- 3rd Trimester growth scan
- Foetal Doppler evaluation
- Foetal echocardiogram
- Antenatal surveillance of Rh-ve (ICT +ve) sensitised pregnancy
- 3D/4D Foetal Scans
- Foetal Blood Sampling
- Foetal Reduction
- Pelvic Ultrasound 2D
- Pelvic Ultrasound 3D
- Saline Infusion Sonohysterogram 2D/3D
- Genetic Counselling
- Pre test and post test counselling for double / triple marker screening