The department of Medical Gastroenterology takes care of medical management of diseases that affect the digestive tract and liver. The department concentrates on the diagnosis and medical management of diseases involving the esophagus, stomach, small intestine and large intestine, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. Services of expert endoscopists make spotless diagnosis possible whereby giving the right treatment to the patients. Innovative diagnostic and treatment tools like ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound(EUS), etc. are used by the medical professionals to assure best possible care to the patients. Esophaegal varices are treated endoscopically at the centre through endoscopic variceal ligation, which is one of the most advanced techniques used these days.
The Medical Gastroenterology department consists of dedicated, competent, and skilled team which provides accurate medical evaluation; state-of-the-art endoscopy suites assisted with high-end technology; giving significance to patient safety. Our major focus is to maximizing the comfort of patients by giving expert diagnosis and enhanced recovery from all kinds of gastrointestinal diseases.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Biju is the Sr. Consultant and chief of Medical gastroenterology at BMH. He is a renowned Gastroenterologist, with more than 13 years of experience. He is an expert in advanced therapeutic biliary, pancreative endoscopic interventions and ultrasound sounded procedures. He has been trained in interventional hepatology procedures, including transjugular liver biopsy. After getting trained in endoscopic ultrasound in medical University of South Carolina and University of Alabama, he initiated the first endo sono unit in Malabar in 2011. Since then regularly performing all diagnostic and therapeutic endo sono finded procedures. He has been actively involved in the liver transplantation programme including preoperative evaluation and postoperative follow up.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (1995)
- MD (General Medicine) – Government Medical College, Calicut (1999)
- DM ( Gastroenterology) – T. N. Medical College, Mumbai (2003)
- Sr. Consultant – Aster MIMS, Calicut (2007-2016)
- Consultant – PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin (2003-2007)
|Mon||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM , 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM|
|Tue||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM , 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM|
|Wed||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM , 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM|
|Fri||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM , 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM|
|Sat||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM , 2.00 PM to 4.30 PM|
Dr. Pradeep Kumar P, Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist has got very good experience in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. His areas of special interest are interventional Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He is performing all emergency and elective diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower GI procedures. He has received special training in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and Endoscopic Utrasound (EUS).
- He has completed MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Calicut
- MD General Medicine from Govt. TD Medical College, Alappuzha
- DM Gastroenterology from Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Consultant Physician in Maria Hospital, Adoor from 2007 to 2008.
- Consultant Physician in Mar Baselios Medical Mission Hospital, Kothamangalam from 2008 to 2009.
- DM trainee in Dept of Medical Gastroenterology in Govt. Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram from 2009 to 2012
- Assistant Professor in the Dept of Gastroenterology Govt. TD Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha from 2012 to 2013.
- Consultant Gastroenterologist in VSM hospital, Mavelikara from 2013 to 2015
|Mon||10:00 am 4.00 pm|
|Tue||10:00 am 4.00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am 4.00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am 4.00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am 4.00 pm|
Dr. Shanija is a Consultant Gastroenterologist trained in edoscopic procedures. Her special area of interest is therapeutic endoscopy
- MBBS – Pariyaram Medical College (2004 )
- MD (Gen Medicine) Coimbatore Govt Medical College (2009)
- DM (Medical Gastroenterology) – Madras Medical College (2015)
- Assistant Professor in General Medicine at Sree Mookambika Medical College (SIMS), Kanyakumari (2009 – 2011)
- Consultant Physician – Holy Cross Hospital (2011 – 2012)
- Junior Resident in Gastroenterology Madras Medical College ( 2012 – 2015)
- Consultant in Gastroenterology – Baby Memorial Hospital (Since September 2015 till date)
- Won best paper awards twice in the Womens Doctors Conference held at Chennai (2012 & 2013)
- Second runner up in TYSA – Gastroenterology (2014)
- Presented papers at State and National level of ISG meeting
|Mon||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tue||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Therapeutic :
- Endoscopic Variceal Ligation
- Endoscopic Sclerotherapy
- Glue injection
- Ulcer injection
- Heater probe application
- Esophageal and Pyloric Stenting
- Foreign body removal
- Ulcer injection
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography(ERCP)
- Biliary / pancreatic stone removal
- Biliary / pancreatic stenting
- Stricture dilatation
- Brush cytology
- Nasobiliary drainage
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: Diagnostic and Therapeutic