General Surgery department at BMH covers all aspects of surgery that affect the body, and life-saving procedures The General Surgeons work in close collaboration with other specialists to deliver timely surgical intervention and prevent complex conditions. Their updated clinical knowledge and technical proficiency of procedures, help to tackle even the most uncommon and complex operations. Advanced technologies and high-tech instrumentation combined with minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques form the basis of treatment procedures at the department.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Suresh is highly experienced and renowned in Vascular and Laparoscopic Surgery. 4 decades of career in surgical field had given him comprehensive experience in all surgical procedures, whether emergency or elective. He has strong focus on Laparoscopic Procedures and Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy/Lap hernia repair and also Surgical Management of Emergency cases. He is an expert in treating post-surgical complications.
Dr. Suresh’s expertise includes Gastro Intestinal Surgery including Onco Surgeries, Thyroid Surgeries, Breast Surgeries, Varicose veins including Sclerotherapy, Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy, Endovenous Laser Treatment, Open Varicose vein surgery and Open Surgery including aneurysms, Carotid artery disease, Bypass surgery for arterial occlusions and Venous diseases.
Dr. Suresh is very active in continuing education and training, and regularly attends national and international conferences and workshops.
- MBBS - 1978.
- MS Calicut Medical College -1987.
- Advanced training for Hernia Surgery under Dr. Arthur Gilbert at Hernia Institute, Florida, U.S.A. in the year of 2003.
- Training under Dr. Antonio Longo, Italy for advanced colorectal surgical procedures and stapling surgery for Hemorrhoids and prolapse rectum in the year 2007.
|Tue||9:30 am - 1:00 pm|
|Thu||9:30 am - 1:00 pm|
|Sat||9:30 am - 1:00 pm|
Dr.Vinayakh is a Consultant Surgeon with more than 5 years of experience as a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon and has special interest in Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Surgery using Abalators. Also trained in Sutureless Thyroidectomy and Breast surgeries.
- MBBS (P.S.G Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Coimbatore)
- MS in General Surgery (Government Medical College, Mysore)
- FMAS ( Fellowship In Minimal access Surgery )
- FIAGES ( Fellowship in Indian Association of Gastr Endoscopic Surgeons )
- Underwent special Training for Radiofrequency Abaltion for varicose veins at Chettinad Healthcity , Chennai for 2 years.
- Life Member of the Indian Hernia Society.
- Life Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Gastroendoscopic Surgeons.
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India.
- Senior Specialist in Geeral Surgery at Aster Medcity , Kochifor 2 years
- Specialist in General Surgery at Aster Medcity,Kochi for 1 year
- Assistant Professor - Department of General Surgery, Chettinad Healthcity (Medical College and Research Institute), Chennai for 3 yeras
- Junior Resident - Department of General Surgery, Govt. Medical College, Mysore for 3 years.
Presented paper on rare disease of Juvenile Hyaline Fibromatosis at the National Conference of association of Surgeons of India held at Coimbatore in 2009.
|Mon||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Wed||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Fri||9:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- All General Surgical Procedures
- Thyroid and Major Neck Surgeries
- Hernia Surgery using Prolene Hernia System
- Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeries including Malignancies
- Cancer Surgeries including Breast Conservation Surgeries
- Head & Neck Surgeries with Reconstruction
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Gynaecological Malignancies etc.
- Laparoscopic (Key Hole) Surgery for Gall Bladder removal
- Hernia repair etc. are done using stateoftheart equipment
- Harmonic scalpel
- Vascular Surgery: Emergency care of Vascular Trauma
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm repair, embolectomies and bypass graft surgeries
- Advanced Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins