Diagnostics and Blood Bank
With world-class infrastructure and technological assistance, we provide the best-in-class diagnostic and blood bank services to the patients. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology BMH is one of the most preferred hospitals in the region. Modern laboratories with advanced equipment for Biochemistry, Haematology, Microbiology, Cytology and Clinical Pathology units are made available to give accurate and prompt diagnosis. The labs provide round the clock services to our patients.
Histopathology is the major cornerstone of accurate diagnosis in cancer care. We have a fully-equipped lab offering histopathology services to the patients. It also helps in understanding various other neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions. Services of expert pathologists are available at the lab, providing precise diagnostic histopathology services. The department closely work with all the other departments to cater services to the required patients on time.
The Clinical Microbiology Laboratory unit at BMH has the state of the art facilities to examine and culture specimens for microorganisms, to make accurate species identification of important isolates, to perform antibiotic susceptibility tests when indicated, and to evaluate serological samples for infectious diseases.
The Blood Bank at BMH supports blood transfusion facilities of international standards to both inpatients as well as the outpatients. The well-trained and experienced blood transfusion experts at the department makes sure that the patients who are in need of blood gets the best support on time. In order to cater reliable and safe services to the patient, cutting-edge technological support is made available. Collection of blood, screening of donors, separation components and storage of collected blood are done with optimal care and quality is always well-maintained. Donors are bled skilfully, treated well and are given light refreshment with donor cards.
Panel of Doctors
Diagnostics & Blood Bank
Dr. Sudarsana is a Senior Microbiologist with extensive experience in medical college service and private institutions, both in India and overseas.
- MBBS from Madurai Medical College in the year 1974.
- MD from Calicut Medical College in the year 1982.
- Registered Microbiologist RM (AAM) - Clinical and Public Health Microbiology- July 1993. The American Academy of Microbiology.
- Specialist Microbiologist SM (AAM) - Public Health and Medical Laboratory Microbiology - July 1994. The American Academy of Microbiology.
- Joined in the Microbiology department of Medical Education of Kerala Government in 1978. Worked in Alleppey, Thrissur and Kozhikode Medical colleges and retired as Professor and HOD in 2007.
- Worked in Doctors’ Laboratory, Valdosta GA, USA during 1992 – 94.
- Worked in DDRC Calicut from 2007 to 2008.
- Sudarsana J, Nair L, Devi I. Multidrug resistant Salmonella typhi in Calicut, South India.Indian J Med Res 1992; 95: 68–70.
- Prevalence of parasitic infections in hospitalized diarrhoea patients with special reference to Cryptosporidium, Anitha P.M , Sudarsana J , JACM Dec 02 Vol 4 :p ...
- Early diagnosis of human leptospirosis by antigen detection in blood M Nizamuddin1, U Tuteja2, J Shukla2, L Nair1, J Sudarsana1 Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, Vol. 24, No. 4, October-December, 2006, pp. 349-352.
- R. N. Swapna, U. Tuteja, L. Nair, and J. Sudarsana, “Seroprevalence of leptospirosis in high risk groups in Calicut, North Kerala, India,” Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 349–352, 2006.
- Lathi N, Sudarsana J, Pushpa KK. Epidemic of Salmonella enterica serotype Paratyphi A in Calicut. Calicut Med J. 2004;2:e2.
- Lathi N, Sudarsana J. Changing Sensitivity Pattern of Salmonella typhi in Calicut 1995-2003 Calicut Med Journal 2004;2(1):e2 .
- BMH Med. J. 2016;3(1):10-14 Case Reports; Sparganosis - not uncommon in Calicut, Kerala; Sudarsana J, Neena Mampilly, Nirmal Rasalam.
- Burkholderia pseudomallei - A rare cause for septic arthritis-Bone Joint Spine 2007 Aug 21; [Epub ahead of print]Department of Orthopaedics, Medical College Calicut, India. PMID: 17913555 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher].
Dr. Neena is a senior Pathologist with expertise in Oncopathology with routine Immunohistochemistry, Renal pathology with immunofluorescence, Dermatopathology, Hematopathology with Flow cytometry, Breast Pathology and Routine Histopathology, Cytopathology & Hematology.
- MBBS: Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode, 1993
- MD Pathology: Govt. Medical College, Kozhikode, 1998
- 2001- till date: Baby
- 1999 – 2001: Private laboratory in Kozhikode.
Trainings and workshops attended:
Renal pathology with Immunofluorescences:
- 1 month observer in CMC Vellore in 2001.
- 1 month observer at Guy’s, King’s and St. Thomas School of Medicine London, 2004.
Flow Cytometry Workshops in Hematopathology:
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, March 2012.
- Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, May 2012.
- Medanta-The Medicity, October 2013
- St. John’s Academy of Health Sciences, August 2014
- Leukoencephalopathy with intracranial calcifications and cysts in an adult: Case report and review of literature, Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2010 Oct-Dec; 13(4): 299–30, K. Ummer, K. A. Salam, Mohan L. Noone, V. G. Pradeep Kumar, Neena Mampilly and S. Sivakumar.
- A Case of ANCA Negative Pauci-Immune Crescentic Glomerulonephritis in Mixed Tissue Disease. BMH Medical Journal 2015; 2(2):47-52 Case Report, Neena Mampilly MD, M Thomas Mathew MD, DM, FRCP.
- Cryptogenic Organising Pneumonia as the Initial Presenting Manifestation of SLE, BMH Medical Journal 2015;2(3):79-83 Case Report, Neena Mampilly MD, G Manoj MD, Binoy J Paul MD, PhD, DNB, FRCP.
- Case Report: Isolated unilateral adrenal metastasis as a presenting feature of occult hepatocellular carcinoma. Saudi Surgical Journal 2016 May; 4 (2). PV Pradeep MD, Neena Mampilly MD, PB Prabhakaran MD.
- Percutaneous Pleural Biopsy A Retrospective Analysis, Praveen Kumar, Neena Mampilly MD.
- Left Ventricular Mid Cavity Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy with Myeloproliferative Neoplasm Leading to Multiple Cerebral Emboli. J Assoc Physicians India. 2015 May; 63(5):84-7. Patil K, Bhargavan PV, Muralidharan R, Mampilly N.
Dr. Zebunnissa is a Pathologist with expertise in Oncopathology, Routine hematology, Cytology, Histopathology Immunohistochemistry, Frozen Section Reporting, ANA (Immunofluorescence). Her area of special interests are Endoscopic Biopsy Reporting and Renal Pathology. She is trained in Quality Management aspects of Medical Testing Laboratories.
- MBBS : Govt. Medical College, Calicut.
- DNB (Pathology) : Govt. Medical College, Calicut.
Dr. Anju is a Pathologist with expertise in Oncopathology (GIT, Respiratory System, Head & Neck, Kidney, and Female genital system), Routine hematology, Cytology, Histopathology & Immunohistochemistry, Frozen Section Reporting and ANA (Immunofluorescence). She also teaches the paramedical students.
- MBBS - Bangalore Medical College.
- DNB (Pathology) - Govt. Medical College, Calicut.
- IAPM: Presented a case of Epidermodysplasia verruciformis Malabar Cancer Centre Thalassery, August 2013.
- 72nd IAPM : Presented a case Osteomyelitis Consistent with Melioidosis, Govt. Medical College Kottayam February 2014.
- 74th IAPM: Presented a case on General Rhabdomyoma, Govt. Medical College, Calicut February 2015.
- 75th IAPM: Lymphoplasmacytic Sclerosing Pancreatitis ,Pushpagiri Medical College, August 2015.
Services & Facilities
- Need to be Reviewed