The General Medicine department at BMH collaborates with other specialities in dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of various communicable and non-communicable diseases. To ensure comprehensive treatment to the patients, we have state‐of‐the‐art radio‐diagnosis and laboratories with the most sophisticated equipment. The dedicated and highly skilled doctors at the hospital provides targeted patient care in an environment supported by evidence‐based diagnosis backed by education and research.
The department provides efficient support services to other specialities by attending to cross‐ referrals. The hospital has the expertise seasoned through 3 decades of handling a large number of critically ill patients with high standards of clinical care, so you can be assured of being in expert hands. Comprehensive set of preventive health checkups are offered to assess health status and advise preventive measures.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Alexander is the Chairman & Managing Director of Baby Memorial Hospital. He is also a practicing physician with over 30 years experience, renowned for his profound knowledge and expertise in comprehensive management of medical disorders.
MBBS 1980, MD 1985
Kalpesh Sukhwani, P.V. Bhargavan, K.G. Alexander A rare case of sepsis in a patient with diabetic ketoacidosis - A case report - Journal of international authors and Researchers - P 155N:2320 -OPSSN: 2320 - 2742.
“Health care personality of the year” award constituted by MT Magazine.
|Mon||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Tue||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Wed||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Thu||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Fri||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Dr. Bhargavan is a senior consultant at BMH, who is able to care for difficult and complicated medical issues. He is highly knowledgeable and has presented several papers through articles, journals and publications.
- MBBS - 1972,
- MD 1979,
- FRCP (Glasg),
2003 June onwards - Senior Consultant, Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut.
Teaching in MCH, Calicut - Undergraduate - 29 years, Postgraduate - 24 years.
- Bhargavan P.V, Kumar AM, Rajendran. V.R, Fassaluddeen ASM, Allgrove Syndrome – A Syndrome of Primary Adrenocortical Insufficiency with Achalasia of the Cardia and Deficient Tear Production - JAPI -2003 Jul; st():721-8
- S. Madhavan, Geetha, P.V. Bhargavan Recurrent Miller fFsher Syndrome - JAPI vol-52 July 2004.
- Pappachan MJ, Mathew S, Aravindan KP, Khader A, Bharghavan PV, Kareem MM, Tuteja U, Shukla J, Batra HV.Risk factors for mortality in patients with leptospirosis during an epidemic in northern Kerala. National Medical Journal 2004; 17:240-3
- Mansoor CA, Bhargavan PV, Rajanish R, Lekha R Nair. DisseminatedHistoplasmosis - Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2013; 47:639-42
- Hoyeraal–Hreidarsson Syndrome - A rare variant of dyskeratosiscongenita - A case report - JIMA (Ref.No. HE/accepted/RV-72/2012
- Raveendran V. Abdul Aziz, Bhargavan PV - Performance of the 2010 ACR/EULAR classification criteria for rheumatoid arthritis ina prospective study of early arthritis cohort in Kerala, India - Indian Journal of Rheumatology Sep-2014, 9:107 -111
- KundanPatil, P.V. Bhargavan, Rajesh Muraleedharan, NeenaMampilly - Left Ventricular Mid- Cavity Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with myeloproliferative neoplasm leading to multiple cerebral embolism - JAPI Vol 63 May 2015
- Pankaj S Agrawal, P.V. Bhargavan, NeenaMampilly - Isolated Actinomycotic Swelling in Right Upper Cervical Region - JAPI Vol 63, Dec- 2015
- P.V.Bhargavan, JareJagannath, Nagraj - Ebola Virus Disease - BMH journal 2015 - 2(1)9-16 Google Scholar
- KalpeshSukhwani, P.V,Bhargavan, K.G. Alexander - A rare case of sepsis in a patient with diabetic ketosis a case report - Journal of International authorized Researchers - P ISSN:2320 - elssn:2320 -2742
- P.V. Bhargavan, KundanPatil, Eosinophilicgranulomatosis with polyangitis: A Case Report - Journal of International Medical Sciences Academy - accepted (in print)
Best doctor award by Calicut branch of IMA 2014
|Mon||09:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Tue||09:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Wed||09:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Thu||09:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Fri||09:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Sat||09:00 am - 01:00 pm|
With more than 20 years of experience as a physician and with excellent educational qualifications, Dr. Manoj G presently works as a Senior Consultant at the General Medicine department at Baby Memorial. He is tolerant and kind and listens to patient’s complaints and clears all their worries and anxieties. Patients can feel secure that they are in capable hands.
MBBS 1991, MD 1996
Physician for the past 20 years
|Mon||10:30 am - 02:00 pm|
|Tue||10:30 am - 02:00 pm|
|Wed||10:30 am - 02:00 pm|
|Fri||10:30 am - 02:00 pm|
|Sat||10:30 am - 02:00 pm|
Dr. Robin is a Consultant Physician with excellent academic records. He was awarded 3 Gold medals for being the highest scorer in MD Internal Medicine. He has several publications in both National and International journals to his credit; one of which was even presented in an International forum. He is one of the Panel members for Advanced Hypertension Academy by Association of Physicians of India.
- MBBS degree from Fr. Muller Medical College, Mangalore (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences).
- MD in Internal Medicine from Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry (Pondicherry University).
- Post Graduate Degree in Diabetology from Boston University, Massachusetts, USA.
- Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine from Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
- Assistant Professor in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry.
- Consultant Physician at Mar Baselios Medical Mission, Kothamangalam .
- Consultant Physician National Hospital, Calicut.
- Consultant Physician Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut.
- GOLD MEDAL - Highest Scorer in Pondicherry University in General Medicine (Pondicherry University).
- GOLD MEDAL - Highest Scorer in Department of General Medicine (Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences).
- GOLD MEDAL - Best Outgoing Post Graduate in General Medicine (Apollo Group of Hospitals, Chennai).
- Hyponatremia and Bilateral Pleural Effusion as the initial presentation of Hypothyroidism and Hypoadrenalism in an 87 year old man. Turkish Journal of Geriatrics, 2012; 15(3)349-352
- Middle Cerebral Artery Infarct following Multiple Bee Stings. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2012; 21(2)148-150
- Diabetic ketoacidosis in chronic kidney disease masquerading as acute pancreatitis – a case report. Journal of Case Reports, 2015; 5: 256-259
- Parkinson's Disease and early stages of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy: A Neurological mimicry. Journal of Case Reports, 2015; 5(2):377-381
- Ischemic stroke following Dengue fever: a case report. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2015; 7(2) 107-108
- Hashimoto’s Encephalopathy: Is it a rare condition or a masquerading one? Journal of Case reports, 2015; 5: 490-493
- Unprovoked Hemothorax: an unusual presentation in Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016; 7(3) 121-122.
- Pulmonary embolism, " the Great Masquerader " of Pneumonia in a patient with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. Egyptian Journal of Internal Medicine, 28:30–32
- Cryptococcal meningitis - a silent culprit behind delirium in patient with Parkinson's disease, on levodopa, presenting with urinary tract infection. Italian Journal of Medicine, 2016; 10:154-156
- Multiple calcified spots in the peritoneum: an investigative case report Asian Journal of Bio-Medical Research (ISSN: 2454-6275), [S.l.],v.2,n.2, may. 2016
- Acute onset pancytopenia following alcohol heavy drinking. Asian Journal of Bio-Medical Research (ISSN: 2454-6275), [S.l.],v.2,n.2, apr. 2016
- A case of loculated empyema thoracis due to Klebsiella pneumoniae treated with antibiotics alone. Asian Journal of Bio-Medical Research (ISSN: 2454-6275), [S.l.],v.2, n.2, apr. 2016
- Sickle cell crisis in a patient with Rheumatoid arthritis: a case report Asian Journal of Bio-Medical Research (ISSN: 2454-6275), [S.l.], v.2, n.2, may. 2016
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis presenting as cerebellar stroke. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016; 7(4)101-103
- Severe iron deficiency anaemia following Bariatric surgery. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016; 7(4)110-112
- Milky White Urine: a look into the differentials. International Journal of Advances in Medicine, 2016; 3(3): 777-779
- A case of paraplegia due to Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy with coexisting Gitelman’s syndrome. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016; 7(5), 129-131
- A case of wet purpura due to Etoricoxib induced thrombocytopenia. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016; 7(5), 135-137
- Pancytopenia following Rituximab therapy in Rheumatoid arthritis: Could Filgrastim be a temporary solution? Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016;7(5), 138-141
- Multiple abscesses in thigh due to Klebsiella in a diabetic patient with rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Case Reports, 2016; 6(3):406-410
- A case of Macrophage Activation Syndrome with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2016; 10(9): 11-12
- A case of necrotizing fasciitis due to Klebsiella following local application of steroids. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences; 2016; 7 (6): 97-99
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Acute Pancreatitis: The masquerading conditions in a patient with Chronic Kidney Disease. Journal of Clinical Case Reports 2016, 6:3(Suppl)
- Coagulase negative staphylococcal coinfection with leptospirosis. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016; 7 (6): 110-111
- Acute Exacerbation of Thrombocytopenia by Cefotaxime in a case of Pancytopenia due to Vitamin B12 Deficiency. International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Invention, 2016; 3(II), 2389-2396.
- Fever of Unknown Origin: a Dental Aetiology. International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Invention, 2016; 3(12), 2424-2426.
- Delirium in Parkinson's disease: a Cocktail diagnosis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2016; 10(12):15-16.
- Venlafaxine – induced interstitial lung disease: a case report. Journal of Medical Pharmaceutical and Allied sciences, 2016; 5(12): 415-419.
- Acute delirium following ciprofloxacin administration in an elderly patient with chronic kidney disease. International Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2016; 2(12): 1127-1128.
- Clinical and Endoscopic evaluation of dyspeptic patients attending a tertiary care hospital in South India: a prospective study. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 1(1): 58-63.
- A case of Ogilvie’s syndrome associated with electrolyte imbalance in a non-hospitalized patient. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 1(1): 101-103.
- Omental Infarction: an uncommon aetiology for Acute Abdomen. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 1(1): 104-105.
- A journey from Gouty arthritis to Deep venous thrombosis and Pulmonary embolism. Asian Journal of Biomedical Research, (ISSN: 2454-6275), [S.l.], v. 2, n. 4, p. 1-2, dec.2016
- Is Hypothyroidism an underdiagnosed aetiology for anaemia? Asian Journal of Biomedical Research, (ISSN:2454-6275), [S.l.], v. 2, n. 4, p. 5, dec. 2016.
- Hemothorax following the Indian religious ritual of ‘ShayanaPradakshinam’. Asian Journal of Biomedical Research, 2017; 1(1): (ISSN:2454-6275), [S.l.], v. 2, n. 4, p. 1-2, dec. 2016.
- Delayed neurological manifestation in viper bite despite antivenom therapy. International Journal of Advances in Medicine, 2017; 4: 286-9.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Acute Pancreatitis: The masquerading conditions in a patient with Chronic Kidney Disease :-3rd Global Experts Meeting on MEDICAL CASE REPORTS, New Orleans, USA
- Dengue fever: an insight :-An Insight into Basic Therapies, Calicut, Kerala.
|Mon||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tue||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Dr. Anju Miriam Alex, after a short stint at the Apollo Hospital is now the Director of Baby Memorial Hospital. She also acts as a consultant in General Medicine. With her academic brilliance and qualifications, she guides the rest of the doctors, supporting staff and nursing staff successfully. She is the daughter of the founder of the hospital, Dr. K.G Alexander.
Dr. Dipu K.P is a consultant with 6 years of experience in internal medicine with focus on infectious diseases. He believes in approaching patients with a preventive and holistic approach.
|Mon||10:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Tue||10:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Sat||10:00 am - 05:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- 14 bed Medical Intensive Care Unit
- 14 bed Respiratory Care Unit
- Equipped with sophisticated Ventilators, Multiparameter Monitors, Infusion Pumps
- Syringe Pumps
- Electrically Operated Beds
- All medical emergencies and infectious diseases like Leptospirosis, Dengue fever, Malaria, Chikungunya etc.
- Preventive health check-up