We understand that each type of cancer is different and so is every patient. Personalised care has got much significance when it comes to cancer care and we offer top-notch services assisted with high-tech facilities and expert medical professional services. Comprehensive range of treatments and medical procedures are offered, tailoring them in a way to suit each patient’s individual medical requisites.
Apart from medical care, counselling is given to the patients in order to make them capable of coping with the social stigma and mental stress caused by cancer. We have specialised clinics for head and neck cancer, musculoskeletal tumors, myeloma, paediatric oncology, leukaemia and lymphoma to ensure focused care for patients suffering from various types of cancers. Immunotherapy and screening test is done for early detection of cancer so that we can make treatment plan accordingly. Expert panel of doctors, pathologists and therapists work in collaboration to provide that best care that meets international standards in terms of quality and accuracy. The department has 15 bedded ICU with bio-safety cabinet for handling cytotoxic medicines.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Robert has more than 7 years of experience post DM (Medical Oncology) and has worked in premier Cancer Institutes in India. He is interested in providing ethical and quality personalized Cancer care as per current treatment guidelines. Specializes in providing multidisciplinary care to both Solid Tumors (all types of Cancer from head to foot, including Lung Cancer, Breast & Ovarian Cancer in women, Gastrointestinal & Genitourinary Cancer) and Lymphoma.
- MBBS – Madurai Medical College, Madurai (1998)
- MD (General Medicine) - Madurai Medical College, Madurai (2005)
- D M (Medical Oncology ) – Madras Medical College, Chennai (2009)
- Assistant Professor – Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science, Pondicherry (25/04/2016 – 31/01/2017)
- Consultant – Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi (01/11/2011 – 14/03/2016)
- Assistant Professor – Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai (05/10/2009 – 05/10/2011)
- Tutor – CMC, Vellore (August 2005 – February 2006)
- A rare occurrence of a steroid cell tumor of the pelvic mesentery: a case report. J Med Case Reports. 2011 Oct 18;5:517.
- First Report of upfront treatment with Gefitinib in comparison with Chemotherapy in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer patients from South India: Analysis of 120 patients (Accepted as Poster, ESMO 2011; published in Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology, 2012)
- Familial germ cell tumor Indian J Hum Genet. 2012 Jan-Apr; 18(1): 119–121.
- Fatal hematogenous relapse of mucinous borderline ovarian tumor of intestinal type. Louis AR, Gupta SK, Gouda C, Gupta G. Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2013 Apr;34(2):134-5
- The philosophy of "treatment intent". Louis AR.J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2013 May;35(4):334-5
- Primary GIST of the liver masquerading as primary intra-abdominal tumour: a rare extra-gastrointestinal stromal tumour (EGIST) of the liver.Louis AR, Singh S, Gupta SK, Sharma A.J Gastrointest Cancer. 2014 Sep;45(3):392-4.
- Primary Gastric Burkitt's Lymphoma.Mitra S, Mehta A, Gupta SK, Sharma A, Louis AR, Sharma MK, Saxena U, Simson DK, Dewan A.Rare Tumors. 2014 Nov 10;6(4):5300
- Therapy Related Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (trCML) or non-Therapy Related Second Malignancy Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (smCML) following Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL): A Case Report and Review of Literature.AJCCR 2016 April 11,1-9
- Assessment of Glutathione Status and Glutathione Peroxidase Activity in Lung
Cancer Patients M. Raj Kumar MD, A. Robert Louis MD, A. Lourdhu Mary International Journal of Scientific Reseach Vol 5, No 10 (2016)
|Mon||11.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Tue||11.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Wed||11.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Thu||11.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Fri||11.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
|Sat||11.00 AM – 5.00 PM|
Services & Facilities
- Systemic treatment- chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy for all types of cancer
- Dedicated day care chemotherapy unit with all modern facilities like biosafety cabinet
- Experienced and dedicated nursing staffs
- Provision for inpatient chemotherapy
- Chemo port implantation, central venous catheter, PICC lines and advanced drug delivery systems for patient convenience and comfort
- Curative and palliative chemotherapy for all types of cancers- both early and advanced stages
- Treatment of all haematological cancers/ disorders like leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma, MDS, aplastic anaemia, MPD etc.
- Intrathecal, intraperitoneal, intrapleural, intrapericardial ichemotherapy
- All targeted therapy and immunotherapy
- Screening programmes for early detection
- Health education for cancer detection, management and prevention
- Counselling services for cancer patients and relatives
- Specialised clinics for breast cancer, myeloma, head and neck, thoracic oncology
- Interdisciplinary care with nuclear medicine palliative medicines etc.