The Department of Neurosurgery under the Institute of Neurosciences provides a complete range of Contemporary neurosurgical care to patients with various neurological conditions that affect the brain, spine, nerves, and the skull. We take a multidisciplinary approach in providing a holistic range of services, from diagnosis to surgical treatment and rehabilitation of the patients with neurological disorders.
Dedicated 6bed Neurosurgery ICU with the latest Hemodynamic monitoring and bedside continuous EEG monitoring equipment at the department helps doctors to ensure best possible care to the patients with minor to complex neurological conditions. Minimally invasive procedures like Neuroendoscopy is performed at the centre which is more advanced when compared to traditional surgeries and enables delicate care. 24*7 Neurosurgery care is ensured at the centre with the support of latest technological facilities and services from experienced medical professionals. Trauma patients are given 24 x 7 care at BMH.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Sivakumar is a senior consultant with years of experience in Neurosurgery. His areas of interest include cerebrovascular surgery, skull base surgery and spine surgery, trauma and non‐trauma. He has been MCh examiner several times and is a keen academician and a regular attendee at conferences in India and abroad. He has also several presentations and papers to his credit.
- MBBS from Medical College, Trivandrum
- MS from Medical College, Kozhikode.
- MCh (Neurosurgery) from Medical College, Trivandrum
Dr. Sivakumar was an Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, Medical College Kozhikode. He joined Baby Memorial Hospital in 2006. He has held the administrative post of Deputy Superintendent of Medical College Calicut from 2002 to 2006.
For the last two years, he is the president of the Calicut Neurological Society.
|Tue||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Thu||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Sat||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Dr. Sreekumar is a Neurosurgeon with more than 5 years of experience. His special area of interest is neuro oncology.
- MBBS from TD Medical College, Alappuzha 1999
- MS (Gen Surgery) from Calicut Medical College 2006
- M.Ch (Neurosurgery) from Calicut Medical College 2011
- Govt. Medical College, Thrissur 2011 2012
- From 2012 Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut
Services & Facilities
- Dedicated 12 bed Neuro Surgery ICU with the latest Haemodynamic monitoring and bedside continuous EEG monitoring equipment
- 24 X 7 Neurological and Neuro Surgery care
- Elective & Traumatic Neuro Surgery and Spinal Surgery
- Brain & Spinal Tumour
- Aneurysm & Vascular Malformation
- Neuro Endoscopy
- Sterotactic Neuro Surgery
- Surgical Operating Microscope OPMI Pentero 800