The Urology department at BMH provides advanced diagnosis, treatment and surgical procedures for all kidney‐related problems. We provide urological care for infertility, erectile dysfunction, urological cancers, congenital and stone diseases.Our doctors leverage their combined experience and knowledge to provide specialised care to our patients suffering from cancer and other urological problems. Apart from General Urology, the department has dedicated units for Endourology, Renal Transplantation, Paediatric Urology and Laparoscopic Urology and Reconstructive Urology.
The hospital has all the necessary and most sophisticated equipments like lithotripsy, laser machine, urodynamics machine, X‐ray, Ultrasound scan and flexible laparoscopic instruments to provide specialised care. Lithotripsy is a technology that can remove kidney stones. The Complete Urinary Stone Management Centre at the department is a first of its kind in Kerala with facilities for ESWL, minimally invasive procedures like PCNL, URS and RIRS (Flexible Ureterorenoscopy) with Laser Lithotripsy. BMH has been successfully performing renal transplant from living donors and cadaver for years. There is a state‐of‐art twin Operation Theatre for performing transplant and a dedicated 4 bedded renal transplant ICU for providing pre and post transplant care. DNB training for doctors is also provided at the department.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Roy Chally is a veteran Urologist in India with 5 decades of experience. With surgical skills that are exceptionally brilliant, he is the first surgeon in Kerala to perform Renal transplant. He is an eminent academician who has trained generations of Urologists across India. He has lectured in various forums of the Urological Societies, A.S.I and regional societies. He has participated as a Faculty Member in many EndoUrological Workshops in the country. He was the past president of U.S.I and U.A.K and past Secretary of U.S.I. He is the Treasurer of Kerala Chapter of A.S.I. He was the Inspector for Indian Medical Council for starting MCh course in Urology. He is the Travelling Professor for the Urological Society of India and Member of Editorial Board in Indian Journal of Urology.
- MBBS from Kerala University.
- MS (Surgery) from Kerala University in the year 1963.
- MCh (Urology) from AIIMS (Delhi) in the year 1969.
- 1965-1968 : Tutor in Surgery at Medical College, Kottayam.
- 1968-1970 : Assistant Professor in Surgery at Medical College, Kottayam.
- 1970-1975 : Associate Professor in Urology at Medical College, Calicut.
- 1978-1981 : Assistant Professor in Urology at Medical College, Calicut.
- 1981-1992 : Professor of Urology at Medical College, Calicut.
- 1992-2000 : Head of Department of Urology at National Hospital, Calicut.
- 1995-2000 : Head of Department of Urology at PVS and Fathima Hospital, Calicut.
- From 2000 : Head of the Department of Urology at Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut.
- Was Examiner for MCh Degree in Calicut University, Kerala University, M.G.R. University, Mangalore University, Bangalore University, Osamania University, Ahamedabad University and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education, Chandigarh.
- Was Examiner for DNB course under National Board of Examinations.
- 20 research papers guided in the department of Urology at Calicut Medical College, Calicut for University of Calicut.
- Principal Investigator for ICMR Research project in stone disease at Calicut Medical College from 1986 to 1992.
- Principal Investigator for State Board Research for a project on T.B. in the urinary tract.
- Reference for scrutinizing projects for the state Board of Research.
- 16 publications in National and International Journals.
- 60 papers presented in National Meetings.
- Dr Raghavachari Oration for the Kerala Surgical Association.
- Dr H.S. Bhat Oration for the Association of Southern Urologists.
- Dr Himadiri Sarcar Memorial Oration for the Urological Society of India Annual Meeting.
- Dr Pinnamansni Oration for the Urological Society of India.
- Winner of the Urology Gold Medal in 1996.
- Rotary Club of Calicut East Vocational Service Award.
|Mon||09:00 am - 10:00 am , 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Tue||09:00 am - 10:00 am , 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Wed||09:00 am - 10:00 am , 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Thu||09:00 am - 10:00 am , 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Fri||09:00 am - 10:00 am , 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Sat||09:00 am - 10:00 am , 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
Dr. Azeez is one of the most experienced Endourologists in India, who has done more than 12,000 procedures for Urinary stones. He is first in Malabar to start Endourological Procedures for Urinary Stones and other urological problems. He is an invited faculty for Endourological Workshops in various places in India. Has presented papers in various State, National and International conferences of Urology and Endourology regarding Percutaneous Renal surgeries and other endoscopic procedures. Has his own modifications for various instruments used for Endourological procedures which has been presented and shown in workshops.
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in the year 1981.
- MS (General Surgery) from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in the year 1986.
- MCh (Urology) from Government Medical College, Kozhikode in the year 1990.
- Special Training in ESWL in various hospitals in Paris in the year 1994.
- 1985-1986: Lecturer (Undergraduate) in Urology at Government Medical College Calicut.
- 1986-1992: Lecturer (Postgraduate) in Urology at Government Medical College Calicut.
- 1992-2000: Consultant Urologist in Private Hospitals at Kozhikode.
- From 2000: Consultant Urologist and Incharge of Endourology and ESWL at Baby Memorial Hospital, Calicut.
- Editor and Contributor – Hand book on Endourology.
Principal Investigator for Drug Trial – Prazosin GITS v/s Terazosin in BPH
- Ureteroscopy – an initial experience : Indian Journal of Urology
- Initial Management of Urethral Trauma : National Medical Journal
|Mon||01:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Tue||01:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Wed||01:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Thu||01:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Fri||01:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Sat||01:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
Dr. Paulose is a Senior Consultant Urologist with more than 15 years of experience. He is trained in Laparoscopic surgery for the management of renal diseases and is an expert in Renal transplant. His areas of special interest include urologic oncology, male infertility, reconstructive surgery and renal transplant.
- MBBS form Medical College Calicut in the year 1990
- MS (General Surgery) from Kasturba Medical College Mangalore in the year 1995.
- DNB (Urology) from MPUH – Nadiad Gujarat in the year 2000.
- Laparoscopic Surgery University Diploma (IRCAD) from European Institute of Telesurgery, Strasbourg France in the year 2003.
- Senior Resident in Urology at CMC Velore from July 1996 to December 1997.
- Senior Consultant Urologist at Baby Memorial Hospital since June 2000.
- Invited Panel Member in the panel discussion on Pelvic Organ Prolapse held during the 34th Congress of Society International D’urologie at Glasgow, Scotland.
- Failure of Seminal Emission in Retroperitoneal Fibrosis, P Chally, G Gopalakrishnan, V Nath and N S Kekre, Department of Urology, CMC Vellore, Tamilnadu, British Journal of Urology (1998), 81, 503.
- Presented papers at National and Regional Urological meets.
Gold Medallist in DNB (Urology)
|Mon||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Tue||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Wed||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Thu||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Fri||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Sat||01:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
Dr. Mohan is a Senior Consultant with special interest in paediatric Urology.
- MBBS – Calicut Medical College, 1970
- MS (Gen. Surgery) - Calicut Medical College, 1979
- MCh (Paediatric Surgery) - Calicut Medical College, 1982
- FRCS - The Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh, 1993
|Tue||02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Wed||02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Fri||02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Sat||02:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
Services & Facilities
- Equipped with sophisticated instruments for diagnosis and treatment
- Urodynamic Laboratory for voiding disorders and Neuropathic Bladder
- Complete Urinary Stone Management Centre first of its kind in Kerala – with facilities for ESWL, minimally invasive procedures like PCNL, URS and RIRS (Flexible Ureterorenoscopy) with Laser Lithotripsy
- Dedicated stone clinic for prevention of recurrence
- Ultrasound (Abdominal and Transrectal) and Doppler studies of scrotum and penile vasculature
- Division of Neonatal and Paediatric Urology headed by qualified Paediatric Surgeon with exclusive experience in urology
- Surgery for Genitourinary Tumours
- Plastic Reconstruction after Cancer Surgery and for Congenital Abnormalities
- Prostate surgeries for Benign Enlargement and Cancer
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Urological Procedures for adults and children of any age group
- Treatment for Male Infertility, Testicular diseases and Impotence including Implantation of Penile Prosthesis
- Urinary incontinence and prolapse management in females – open and laparoscopic procedures and minimally invasive sling repairs
- Transplantation surgery and access surgery for dialysis