Dr A.S. Girija has more than 30 years experience as a clinical teacher of Neurology in the departments of Neurology in the Medical colleges of Kerala under Medical Education Department. She was instrumental in starting post graduate course viz DM Neurology in Calicut Medical College and also set up Neuro ICU with facilities including plasmapheresis which was started quite early in Calicut Medical college. Was instrumental in starting DM Neurology in MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna in 2014. Primarily a General Neurologist, has special interest in epilepsy, headache and neuro immunology.
- DM from Madras Medical College.
- MD from Kerala University.
- MBBS from Kerala University.
- Now working as the Senior Consultant Neurologist at Baby Memorial Hospital for the past 3 years.
- Worked for 3 years after post retirement from Calicut Medical College as Prof of Neurology at CMC, Vellore, TamilNadu.
- HOD of Neurology at Medical College, Calicut for 15 years from 1990 till retirement in 2005.
- Worked as Tutor, Asst Prof, Associate Prof and Prof in Kottayam, Alappuzha and Calicut Medical Colleges respectively.
- Had been an Examiner for DM Neurology at various universities in Kerala, National Institutes like SCTMC, NIMHANS, MGR University, Tamil Nadu.
Has presented papers in national and international conferences. Chaired sessions in various conferences in addition to conducting several CME programmes. There are many publications to her credit in national and a few international journals.
Was awarded the MM Ghini award for the best college teacher of the Calicut University in 2002.
|Wed||10:00 am 1:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am 1:00 pm|