Dr. Sylesh Aikot is a Senior Consultant Gastrointestinal Surgeon with more than 10 years experience in the field of gastrointestinal surgery. He has got vast experience in all gastrointestinal procedures including liver transplantation and has worked in many hospitals in and outside the state. Dr Sylesh has a brilliant academic track record and has got many publications and research papers to his credit. He is a crafted surgeon noted for his marvellous surgical skills. He is a good laparoscopic surgeon as well, and is one of the few surgeons in the country routinely performing complex surgeries like totally laparoscopic Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy.
He completed MBBS and MS from Government Medical College, Calicut and MCh Gastrointestinal Surgery from Government Medical College, Trivandrum with gold medal. He was also awarded DNB degree by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi and FMAS in laparoscopic surgery.
- Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery: PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, India: March 2010 – April 2015.
- Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery: MIMS Hospital, Calicut, India: April 2009 – March 2010.
- Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery: S.U.T Super Speciality Hospital, Trivandrum, India: Sept 2007 – April 2009.
- MCh trainee in Surgical Gastroenterology: Medical College Hospital, Trivandrum: Sept 2004 – Sept 2007.
- Senior Lecturer in Surgery: Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kerala : June 2003 – Aug 2004.
- M.S. Trainee in Surgery: Medical College Hospital, Calicut, India: May 2000 – May 2003
- 1.Previous Cholecystectomy is not a contraindication for right lobe liver donation Sylesh Aikot, , Neerav Goyal, Manav Wadhavan, Subhash Gupta. Liver Transplantation 2013; 19 ( 6) , S 209
- 2. Paralytic Ileus due to Strongyloidiasis Sylesh A, Rajan R, Subhalal N, Srikant, Lekha, Priyadarsini R. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2005 SepOct;24(5):228
- 3. Postoperative Liver Failure Rate after Liver Resection for Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma in the Absence of Preoperative Biliary Drainage Rajan, Ramesh, Natesh, Bonny, A.Sylesh , Kumar, Arun R S, Sindhu N, Subhalal A P, Kuruvilla. HPB, 2008; 10:178
- 4. Effect of learning curve in patient selection and outcome following laparoscopic colorectal resection: Analysis of 235 elective laparoscopic colorectal resections in a tertiary care unit Pramil K, Kamalesh NP, Vipin IS, Sylesh A, Manoj Jacob, Prakash K. IASG National Conference, Jaipur 2011.
- 5. Laparoscopic Pancreatic Necrosectomy: earlyexperience Kamalesh NP, Prakash K, Varma D, Sylesh A, Jacob M. Pancreatology 2011;11 (suppl 1): 180
- 6. The drain fluid amylasevolume ratio is a better predictor for pancreatic fistula than value of amylase alone on Day 3 after pancreaticoduodenectomy Kamalesh NP, Pramil K, Vipin IS, Sylesh A, Manoj Jacob,Prakash K. IASG National Conference, Jaipur 2011.
- 7. Laparoscopic Extedned Right Hemicolectomy.Video presentation Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. IAGES, Ahmedabad February2012.
- 8. Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection for Carcinoma Rectum. Video presentation Prakash K Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. IAGES, Ahmedabad February 2012.
- 9. Laparoscopic Myotomy with Anterior Fundoplication for Achalasia Cardia Prakash K Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. . Video presentation. UPPER GI SESSION in AMASICON Coimbatore, July 2012.
- 10. Single Incision Laparoscopic Anterior Resection for Carcinoma Rectum Prakash Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh AVideo presentation. Colorectal surgery in Coimbatore AMASICON July,2012.
- 11. Laparoscopic Restorative Proctocolectomy Prakash K Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A A Video presentation. Colorectal Coimbatore July 2012.
- 12. Laparoscopic Right Hepatectomy Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. Video presentation. HPB Session, AMASICON, Coimbatore July 2012.
- 13. Laparoscopic Resection of Haemangioma Liver andNose Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. Video presentation. HPB Session, AMASICON, Coimbatore July 2012.
- 14. Does Case selection & outcome following laparoscopic colorectal resection change after initial learning curve? Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. oral presentation in the COLORECTAL SESSION in AMASICON 2012.
- 15. Dense calculi formation resulting in impaction of pancreatic stent: a rare complication due to an unretrieved stent. Prakash Kurumboor, Kamalesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh Aikot, Prakash Zacharias, Ramesh GN, Mathew Philip. Indian J Gastroenterol, May 2011
- 16. Prevalence and patterns of diverticulosis undergoing colonoscopy in a southern Indian hospital Kamlaesh NP, Prakash K, Pramil K, Sylesh A, Prakash Zacharias, Ramesh GN, Mathew Philip Indian J Gastroenterol (in press )
|Mon||10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm|