Prof. Sugathan is a veteran Dermatology with more than 50 years of experience in India and Middle East. He is renowned for his profound knowledge and expertise in comprehensive management of various skin diseases. He has many research papers and publications to his credit. He is also member of various professional bodies.
- MBBS for Trivandrum Medical College from 1955 - 1960
- MD (Dermatology, Venereology) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 1966 - 1969.
- Tutor in Dermatology and Venereology at Calicut, Trivandrum and Kottayam Medical Colleges from December 1963 to May 1969.
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Venereology at Kottayam Medical College from May 1969 to June 1974
- Associate Professor of Dermatology and Venereology at Calicut Medical College from June 1974 to December 1981.
- Professor of Dermatology and Venereology at Calicut Medical College from December 1981 to December 1982.
- Consultant in Dermatology and Venereology at Riyadh National Hospital, Riyadh from December 1982 to February 1988.
- Professor and Head of the Department of Dermatology and Venereology at Calicut Medical College from February 1988 to June 1992.
- Senior Consultant, Dermatologist at Baby Memorial Hospital from July 1992 to till date.
- Member of Indian Medical Association
- Member of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists
- Past Secretary of the above for the years 1971 to 1972 (Kerala State Branch) .
- Past President (Kerala State Branch) for the year 1977
- Member Editorial board; Indian Journal of Dermatology; Venereology and Leprology 1981 to1982 and from 1989 onwards.
- Member International Society of Dermatology, Tropical, Geographic & Ecologic (New York) from 1973 onwards
- Awarded the Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Glasgow) in September,2007.
- Fellow: International Medical Sciences Academy from July,2009
- Member: Asian Dermatological Association from November, 2009
- Pemphigus A review of21 cases with notes on treatment methods. Indian J. Derm Vener; 31: 230244, 1965
- Penicillin Resistant Gonorrhoea in Trivandrum. Ibid; 32: 2527, 1966
- Occurrence of herpes tester & chicken pox in the same patient. Ibid; 32: 132134, 1966
- Immunologic patterns of soluble proteins of cutaneous scales in squamous dermatoses. Ibid; 35: 215218, 1969
- Mudichood: A New Dermatological entity In Essays on Tropical Dermatology Vol. II, Marshall, J (Ed) Pp 183188, 1972, Amsterdam, Excerpta Medica Monograph.
- Folliculitis Cruris Pustulosa et Atrophicans. Indian J. Derm Vener; 39: 3540,1973.
- Serum proteins in Folliculitis et Atrophicans. Ibid; 39: 238239, 1973.
- Dermatitis Papulosa Alba. Int. J. Dermatol (New York) 13: 5662, 1974.
- Mudichood on the Pinnae: Brit J.Dermatol; 95: 197.1976
- Acne Vulgaris The boils of lust. Indian J. Dermatol Venereol Lepr. 45: 148153, 1979.
- Neurodermatitis The window to the soul. Ibid; 45: 233237, 1979.
- 1000 cases of Piedra Presented at the 4th World Congress of International Society of Tropical Dermatology at New Orleans, USA, 1979.
- Thiacetazone induced hypertrichosis. Indian J. Dermatol Venereol Lepr. 48: 161163, 1982.
- Ointment bases. Ibid; 48: 179184, 1982.
- Abnormal outaneous response to Mosquito bites in Cancer patients; Ind. J. DermatoI.Venereol & Leprol. 48: 333 343,1982
- Bulleetus. Int. J.Dermatol (New York) 26: 51,1987
- Secondary Syphilis and Sweet's Syndrome Br. J.Dermatol 116:879884,1987
- Scleromyxedema Ind. J.DermatoI.Venereol & Leprol 56: 389 390. 1990
- Suppression of lactation by Selenium disulphide, Int. J.Dermatol (New York); 29: 232233,1990
- The first report of Psoriasis and Leprosy occurring together lnt. J. Dermatol 2; 531 532,1990
- Unusual side effect of Castellani's paint, Ind, J, Derrnatol. Venereol Leprol 56: 317 318,1990.
- Nova: A new Soap for Dermatologists; Ibid 57: 9495, 1991
- A new Camouflage for Vitiligo; Ibid. 57:4546,1991
- Epidermal nevus syndrome with unusual ocular manifestations; Ibid. 57: 293 295,1991
- Palpable dryness: A useful clinical sign in Ichthyosis Vulgaris; Ibid 57:314,1991
- A new Treatment for Becker's nevus; Ibid. 58:105107,1992.
- Sea Urchin Granuloma Ibid. 63: 256 257,1997
- Effect of Dialysis on Psoriasis A Clinical Study Ibid. 64: 146 149, 1998
- Heparin in Psoriais Ibid: 64: 273 274, 1998
- The Blue neck Syndrome: Nematode larvae in skin scrapings Ibid: 66(4)182184, 2000
- HandFootandMouth Disease in Calicut. Indian J Pediatr 2005;72: 17 21
- Red Baby Syndrome: A new Disease due to Parvovirus B19 observed in Kerala
- Toilet Seat Contact Dermatitis in Children; Litvinov, lV (1), Sugathan, P (3) Cohen BA. M.D.(3). Accepted for Publication in Peadiatrics.
- Galenicals in the Treatment of Crudsted Scabies; Indian Journal of Dermatology (In press)
- Mudi chood in an unusual location; Indian Journal of Dermatology(ln Press)
- DCPA; International Journal of Dermatology ( In Press)
|Mon||09:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Tue||09:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Wed||09:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Thu||09:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Fri||09:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Sat||09:30 am - 12:30 pm|