Find a DoctorFind the doctors who have experience in the specific care you need. Just fill in the details below.
Prof. Govindan K.P. MD, DTCD ( Senior Consultant )
Prof. K.P. Govindan is a highly experienced practitioner and faculty member in various topics related to Pulmonology. He has various researches and publications to his credit.
- MBBS for Kerala University in the year 1964
- MD (General Medicine) from Delhi University in the year 1970
- DTCD from Delhi University in the year 1979.
- WHO Fellow in RIT, Tokyo Japan and Habikino Hospital, Osaka, Japan in the year 1989
- Lecturer (Tutor) in TB and Respiratory Diseases from 1975 to 1980
- Assistant Professor in TB and Respiratory Diseases from 1980 to 1983
- Chest Specialist in Ministry of Health, Chest Diseases, Hospital Taif KSA from 1983 to 1987
- Assistant Professor in TB and Respiratory Diseases from 1987 to 1990
- Associate Professor in TB and Respiratory Diseases from 1990 to 1997
- Superintendent at Institute of Chest Disease, Medical College Calicut from 1994 to 1999
- Professor and HOD of TB and Respiratory Diseases at Medical College Calicut from 1997 to 1999
- Professor and HOD at Yenopaya Medical College from 1999 to 2009
- Professor and HOD at Kannur Medical College from 2009 to 2011
- Professor and HOD at Malabar Medical College from 2011 to 2014
- Now working as the Senior Consultant at Baby Memorial Hospital from 2014.
- Membership in Indian Medical Association
- Membership in Indian Chest Society, Elected President of ICS-2008- 09
- Membership in IUATLD, APCCM and FC Calicut.
- Changing pattern of Mycobacterial drug resistance before and after the introduction of Rifampicin in Northern Kerala. World Lung Health Conference, May 20-24, 1990 at Boston, Massachusetts, USA, American Thoracic Society, American Lung Associationand IUATLD.
- Assessment of an unsupervised 62 dose intermittent Rifampicin containing short source regimen – A controlled clinical study. 17th Eastern Regional Conference of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases of the IUATLD, Nov. 1-4, 1993 Bangkok, Thailand.
- Problem of Multi Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) – A critical Analysis. 18th Eastern Regional Conference on Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases of IUATLD, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1995.
- Therapeutic Intervention with Mycobacterium vaccae vaccine in unsupervised Domiciliary short course Chemotherapy – our experience. 18th Eastern Region Conference on Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases of IUATLD, Dhaka, Bangladesh,1995.
- Histopathological Pattern of Carcinoma Bronchus in Beedi Smokers with comparison to other types of Tobacco smoking, 6-10 April 1997. Thoracic Society of Australia and NewZealand, 1997, annual Scientific Meeting, Willington, New Zealand.
- Estimation of Adenosinc Deaminase, Alpha-1 Anti Trypsin and Protease Inhibitors inPleural effusions. Lung India, 1993; 11: 139-141
- Congenital partial absence of left pericardium – Demonstration by Computer Tomography after Artificial Pneumothorax. Indian Heart Journal, 1996: 48(1): 63-65.
OP Days and Timings
|Mon||10:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Tue||12:00 pm - 01:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am - 01:00 pm|
|Sat||12:00 pm - 01:00 pm|