Childhood is the period of endless bliss and children are our treasure indeed. But, when a child is affected by any form of cancer, every family is pushed into doom and gloom. However, the best part of Pediatric Oncology is the high rate of cure if the right treatment is offered at the right time. Here, at BMH we boast of a comprehensive Pediatric Oncology department which offer the state of the art care to children with cancers. Highlights of our Pediatric Oncology program are the following.
- Dedicated Pediatric Oncologist available round the clock
- Experienced and empathetic nursing staff
- Comprehensive treatment for various hematological malignancies like Leukemias and Lymphomas along with solid tumors like Wilms' tumor, Neuroblastoma, Brain tumors, Sarcomas, Retinoblastoma etc.
- Support from a robust Paediatric surgery department which comprises of the most experienedPediatric Surgeons in Kerala
- Proper counselling and parent education
- Treatment support for the needy patients
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Anoop is passionate about his work as a Paediatric Oncologist. He had his Fellowship in Paediatric Oncology from the Kidwai Cancer Institute, Bangalore, one of the premier oncology centres in India. He is adept at managing both haematological and solid tumours. He has publications in indexed journals and presented papers at various national level conferences.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Calicut (2008)
- MD (Paediatrics) – Government Medical College, Alappuzha (2014)
- Fellowship in Paediatric Oncology – Kidwai Cancer Institute, Bangalore (2017)
- Assistant Surgeon – Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Kerala (July 2014 – Dec 2015)
- Anoop C, Appaji L, Padma M, Namrata NR, Arunakumari BS et al. (2017) Acute Myeloid Leukemia in a Child with Fanconi Anemia-A Case Report from a Tertiary Care Cancer Center in South India. Hematol Transfus Int J 4(3): 00083. DOI: 10.15406/htij.2017.04.00083.
- First Prize for Paediatric quiz for resident doctors held at regional level organized by Indian Academy of Paediatrics at Alappuzha, India (2012)
- Second prize for Paediatric quiz for resident doctors held at regional level organized by Indian Academy of Paediatrics at Alappuzha, India (2013)
|Mon||9.00A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
|Tue||9.00A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
|Wed||9.00A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
|Thu||9.00A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
|Fri||9.00A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
|Sat||9.00A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
Services & Facilities
- Sophisticated day care chemotherapy unit with biosafety cabinet
- 24 hour blood bank support
- Provision for inpatient chemotherapy
- Incorporation of advanced venous access devices like Chemoport and PICC Lines for patient comfort and convenience
- Well equipped minor operation-theatre with anaesthesia services for procedures like Bone marrow aspiration and Intra-thecal chemotherapy
- Excellent Radiation Oncology support which includes Linear Accelerator, IMRT,IGRT, and Brachytherapy and an experienced team of pathologists equipped with techniques like Flowcytometry and Immunohistochemistry
- Regular multi-disciplinary tumor board meetings and discussion