The BMH Psychiatry Department imparts comprehensive and compassionate patient care while dealing with child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric mental health.
The department of psychiatry and behavioural medicine provides psychological and pharmacological management for individuals suffering from psychiatric illnesses. The department of Psychiatry at BMH is committed to provide relief to patients suffering from psychiatric illnesses. Treatment is provided for a wide range of psychiatric disorders including schizophrenia, delusional disorder, panic disorder and OCD. Treatment is also available for sleeping, eating and sexual disorders. Counselling services are also provided. The experts at the department are highly qualified and experienced.
Panel of Doctors
Dr. Rajmohan is a senior consultant Psychiatrist with more than 10 years’ experience in providing relief to patients suffering from psychiatric illnesses. He has many research papers and publication to his credit.
- Worked as Consultant Psychiatrist at Elite Mission Hospital, Thrissur from June 2006 to December 2009, which is a 350 bedded multispecialty hospital with outpatient and inpatient psychiatric services, 24 hour emergency psychiatry services, psychiatric ICU (PICU) set up and psychiatric teaching for nurses and social workers.
- Served as Assistant Professor at KMCT Medical College, Calicut.
- Serving as Associate Professor at MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna, an MCI approved private medical college with postgraduate training in psychiatry and training for undergraduates and nursing staff.
- Serving as Senior Consultant at Baby Memorial Hospital since December 2009.
- Research on the “clinical profile of Alcohol and Opioid dependent patients” done at the department of Psychiatry in the year 2003.
- “A study of the independent correlates of alcohol withdrawal- A prospective approach” done at the Department of Psychiatry Medical College, Calicut in the year 2004.
- Was involved in “comparison of efficacy and safety of olanzapine and risperidone in patients with Schizophrenia – A Double blind Randomized Controlled Trial” at Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Calicut.
- Currently involved in “Study of long term remission in alcoholism- a comparison of factors”.
- Currently involved in “Study of personality profiles, perceived stress and social support in adjustment disorder”.
- Worked as guide to the following Problem Solving For Better Health (PSBH) Projects for under graduate medical students of Medical College Calicut.
- Prevalence and associated factors of depression among office going women of 30 to 50 year age group at Calicut.
- Risk factors of mental retardation – a case control study.
- Prevalence and associated factors of sexual dysfunction in patients taking typical and atypical antipsychotics – a comparative study.
- Psychiatric diagnosis and its relation to suicidal intent and lethality among suicide attempters.
- Was part of the 5mg trial of Escitalopram (Cipralex) conducted by Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals. Published in 2007.
- Certified Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for Research by Sanofi Aventis Research Wing.
- Part of DMHP initiative in Early Detection of Mental Illness in Community, the Project is in its pre-data collection phase.
- Currently in the pre-recruitment phase of Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) and FMRI study of Schizophrenia, Bipolar and OCD patients. (abandoned).
- Was involved in “double blind study of efficacy and safety of rivastigmine on cognition in patients with Schizophrenia – A Double blind Randomized Controlled Trial” at Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Calicut.
- Completed study of Delirium in General Hospital Setting.
- Part of ATTAIN 66/67 study on Aripiprazole Maintenance in Schizophrenia in Adolescents.
- Part of study on stress levels of Nurses in General Hospital Setting.
- Guiding thesis on,
- Prevalence and correlates of Delirium.
- fMRI on Learning Disability.
- Social Emotional cognition in Bipolar disorder.
- Rajmohan V., Biju Thomas., Srikumar K. (2004) Camptocormia - A Rare Conversion Disorder. Case Report. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry September .
- Biju Thomas., Rajmohan.V, Ashok Kumar., Kunhikoyamu A. M.(2004) Clinical profile of Alcohol and Opioid dependent patients - a comparative study. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. Volume 26, 1, 68-74.
- Rajmohan V, Biju Thomas, Ashok Kumar., Kunhikoyamu A. M, Sreekumar D (2005) A Study of the Independent Correlates of Alcohol Withdrawal - A Prospective Approach. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 26: 14-24.
- Rajmohan V, Sushil K (2006) Management of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Souvenir Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences.24-27 .
- Diana D, Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2006) Mirror neurons: a review. Kerala Journal Psychiatry, 2: 7-15.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2007) Mirror Neurons. Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 49:66-9.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2007) Limbic System. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 49:132-9.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V (2008) Lithium Use in Special Population. Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 49:211-8.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2007) Metabolic Syndrome with Atypicals. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry.23: 14-24.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2007) Metabolic Syndrome with Second Generation Antipsychotics. Archives of Indian Psychiatry. 23: 14-20.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2007) Neurobiology of Catatonia. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry. 23: 13-17.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2007) Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 29:18-24.
- Acknowledged author. Rajmohan V In. Mohandas E. Biological Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders (2007) Association of Physicians of India Textbook of Medicine.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V (2007) Neural Correlates of Catatonia. Delhi Journal of Psychiatry. 11(1), 59-63.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V and Shini VS (2008) Why Children Refuse to Go to School. Souvenir ANCIPS 2008, 20-24.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V (2008) Non Pharmacologic Treatment of Social Phobia. Souvenir. Mid Term CME IPS Assam State Branch: 30-39.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V (2008) Treatment Resistant Bipolar Disorder. Souvenir of East Zone IPS Conference. pp 10-14.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2008) Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Social Phobia. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry, 23: 10-14.
- Mohandas E , Rajmohan V (2009) Neural Correlates of Spirituality. In ‘Spirituality & Mental Health’ Ed A Sharma, Indian Psychiatric Society Publication, pp501-516.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E. (2009) Endocannabinoid System. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry, 24: 13-25.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V and Raghunath B. (2009) Neurobiology of Alzheimer’s Disease. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 51(1):55-61.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V (2009) Frontotemporal Dementia- An Updated Overview. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 51:65-9.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2009) Emergencies in Psychiatry. Calicut Medical Journal 2009; 7(4):e3.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E (2009) Aetiology of Dementia. In. Handbook of Dementia. (Under Publication).
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E, Sam PJ (2010) Psychiatric Aspects of Epilepsy. In: Neurobiology of Diseases. Ed. Avasthi A, Indian Psychiatric Publication. (In Press).
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E, Sam PJ (2010) Neurobiology of Alzheimer’s disease. Ed. Avasthi A, Indian Psychiatric Publication. (In Press).
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E, Sam PJ (2010) Monoamines in Psychiatric Disorders. Ed. Avasthi A, Indian Psychiatric Publication. (In Press).
- Anu Kant Mittal, Rajmohan V, Mohandas E(2010) Neurobiology of Depression. Ed. Avasthi A, Indian Psychiatric Publication. (In Press).
- Rajmohan V. (2009) Trichotillomania in Schizophrenia. Kerala Medical Journal 5 (Oct): 217-219.
- Kumar PN, Rajmohan V. Trichotillomania with trichorhizophagia in a schizophrenic patient: Case report and review of literature. Indian J Psychiatry. 2012 Apr; 54(2):196-7.
- Kumar PN, Rajmohan V. Plica Neuropathica in a schizophrenic patient: Case report and review of literature. Indian J Psychiatry. 2012 Oct; 55(2):196-7.
- Rajmohan V, Sushil K, Mohandas E. Double Blind Comparison of Lorazepam and chlordiazepoxide in Alcohol Withdrawal, Asian Journal Of Psychiatry, 6 (2013) 401–403.
- Rajmohan V. Open Label Comparison of Lorazepam and chlordiazepoxide in Alcohol Withdrawal. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2013; Vol2, Issue 25, June 24; Page: 4609-4613.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E. Neurobiology of Catatonia. Health Sciences 2013;2(3):JS005.
- Dinesh Kumar MK, Rajmohan V, Viji Thomas, Madhav Joshi. Topiramate-Induced Bilateral Angle-Closure Glaucoma. German J Psychiatry 2013; 16(3): 122-123.
- Asfia Khaleel, Nideesh Sankar, Manoj Kumar, Firoz K, Rajmohan V, Raghuram TM. Transvestic Fetishism in a Case of Mental Retardation and Psychosis; IJPM publishing in July 2013.
- Rajmohan V, Sureshkumar K. Psychiatric Morbidity, Pain Perception and Functional Status of Chronic Pain Patients in Palliative Care. Indian Journal of Palliative Care 2013; 19:146-51.
- Sushil K, Rajmohan V. Late Onset Clozapine Induced Agranulocytosis- A Report. IJPM. (accepted)
- Asfia Khaleel, Nideesh Sankar, Manoj Kumar, Firoz K, Rajmohan V, Raghuram TM. Childhood Disintegrative Disorder. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry. 28:23-24.
- Kumar PS, Rajmohan V, Sushil K. An exploratory analysis of personality factors contributed to suicide attempts. Indian J Psychol Med 2013; 35:378-84.
- Firoz K, Rajmohan V, Asfia Khaleel, Nideesh Sankar, Manoj Kumar, Raghuram TM. Naltrexone for the Treatment of Fetishism- Case Report. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. (accepted)
- Rajmohan V. Correlates of Alcohol Withdrawal. SL J Psychiatry; 4 (2): 34-37
- Rajmohan V, Firoz K, Manoj Kumar, Raghuram TM, Sushil Kakkan. Prevalence and Correlates of Delirium and Comparison of Delirium Tremens and Delirium due to Medical Causes. Annals Medicus. 1 (1): 18-25.
- Mohandas E, Rajmohan V. Biological Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders. In API Textbook of Medicine, Edition Ed: Munajal YP; Association of Physicians of India 10, 2276-2283.
- Fazal Ghafoor PA, Liji Premlal, Firoz K, Suni Muraleedharan, Rajmohan V, Raghuram TM. Kerala Journal of Psychiatry, 2015; Vol 28, No 2.
- Firoz Kazhungil, Sheela P Haveri, Mithun C Mohan, RajmohanVelayudhan and Ranjith Sukumar. Cognitive functions in sub clinical hypothyroidism – a systematic review and meta-analysis. Annals Medicus. 2015; 2015; 2: 331-339.
- Firoz Kazhungil, Rajmohan Velayudhan, Manoj Kumar and Raghuram Thazhe Mangool. A comparative study of caregiver burden in late-onset depression and Alzheimer's disease. Psychogeriatrics. doi: 10.1111/psyg.12141.
- Sureshkumar PN, Rajmohan V. Sodium Valproate and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Women with Bipolar Disorder-A Cross Sectional Comparative Analysis with Other Mood Stabilizers. 2015; IJPP-Vol 9-Issue 1-April.
- Rajmohan V, Mohandas E. Antidepressants – An Overview. Journal of Medical Education and Research. 2016;1(1):12-14.
- Rajmohan V, Madhavan PM. Jealousy- Unraveling the Enigma. Journal of Medical Education and Research. 2016;1(2):20-24
- Best PG paper award - IPS Kerala State annual Conference, Kottayam 2003.
- Best PG paper award (2nd Place) - IPS South Zone annual Conference, Thirupathi, 2003.
- Best PG paper award - IPS Kerala State annual Conference, Kozhikode 2004.
- Best PG paper award - IPS Kerala State annual Conference, Kochi 2005.
- National Best Research Paper Award Indian Association of Private Psychiatry 2014.
- Guide for the best postgraduate paper award - IPS Kerala State annual Conference, Kottayam, 2014.
- Best free paper award - IPS Kerala State annual Conference, Thiruvananthapuram, 2015.
|Mon||03:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Tue||03:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Wed||03:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Thu||03:00 pm - 05:00 pm (Excluding 2nd Thu)|
|Fri||03:00 pm - 05:00 pm|
|Sat||01:30 pm - 05:00 pm|
Dr. Mohammed Hassan is a senior consultant Psychiatrist with more than 36 years experience. His special areas of interest are psychosexual medicine, marital counselling and family therapy. He has published papers on Infertility & psychological problems and attended national and international conferences on psychosexual medicine.
- MBBS – J. N. Medical College, Belgaum (1976)
- DPM – Madras Medical College, Chennai (1980)
- M.N.A.M.S. – National Board of Examinations, New Delhi (1981)
- F.I.C.- Fellow Of International Council of Sex Education & Parenthood of American University, Washington, DC (1983)
- Sr. Consultant & Academic co-ordinator – Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences Ltd, Calicut (2003-2006)
- Psychiatrist – Ganapathi Rao’s Clinic & Al Naseem General Clinic, Dubai (1997 – 2002)
- Consultant Psychiatrist – Manasanthi Clinic, Calicut (1985 – 1997)
- Government Psychiatrist – General Hospital, Saudi Arabia (1984- 1985)
- Consultant – Koyas Hospital, Calicut (1981-1984)
- Paper presented on Psychological aspects of infertility in Indian journal of Psychiatry.
|Mon||9:00 A.M to 12:30 P. M|
|Wed||9:00 A.M to 12:30 P. M|
|Fri||9:00 A.M to 12:30 P. M|
Services & Facilities
- De-addiction centre
- Depression Clinic
- Bipolar Disorder Clinic
- Psychological & Pharmacological treatment of anxiety and stress related disorders
- Stress management (Acute and Chronic stress)
- Counselling (Marital, family and grief) and Psychotherapy Service
- Management of Schizophrenia and Delusional disorder
- Panic disorder and OCD treatment
- Sleep Disorder (Non-organic) management
- Psychological and Pharmacological management of behavioural problems in Dementia
- Sexual disorder counselling & treatment services
- Women’s mental health issues
- Eating disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia)
- Personality disorders management
- Geriatric psychiatry services
- Psycho-oncology Services
- Suicide prevention clinic
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Psychosomatic medicine
- Emergency psychiatry